Well, I’ve made it through a week. Just in case you don’t remember, last week I explained the start of my weight loss journey. I was excited and nervous all at the same time. I felt some pressure to “succeed” because now I’m laying it all out there. What if I fail? What if I just give up like I usually do? It’s not just my family that knows, but everyone that wants to know can. Ugh. Accountability. That’s what I need though.
Some of you have decided to travel with me on this adventure. YEAH!! Let’s not get caught up in competition or anything, because we will ALL have good, bad and mediocre weeks. Instead, let us celebrate and grieve with each other (that’s in the Bible somewhere, I just can’t find it right now). Please feel free to share in the comments about your struggles and successes. Someone else may just have the same struggle and we can give hope to one another.
Some of you have privately messaged me with support. THANK YOU! I know that many of you have been on this same path and have been successful. I’ve had friends and family ask me “Did you take your walk yet? How’s the Wii Fit going?” While I may seem frustrated when you ask, I really do appreciate you asking. I’ve learned that I NEED to be held accountable, but don’t like it. So please bear with my bad attitude while it gets adjusted.
I’ve also learned that I don’t want to exercise with other people around who aren’t exercising. If I was in an exercise class, I’d be fine. But to exercise at home when others are around doing nothing who can watch me – I don’t like that. I feel like I’m being critiqued, judged, looked at funny, etc. Weird and paranoid, yes, but I said I’d share my feelings and that’s one of them.
I’m also learning that I LOVE FOOD. I like shopping for it, planning it, cooking it, eating it, thinking about it again… It might just be an obsession. Right now, I’m hoping that it’s just my effort to make new, healthier things and I’m overly thinking it. I’m going to have to look at how I feel about food a little more.
So here are my goals and how I did for the week:
- Incorporate a fresh fruit or vegetable for each meal – I did pretty good with this one. There were a couple of meals where it was frozen, but at least there was a fruit or veggie.
- Use more seasonings to make meals more interesting – I did well here. We had some yummy, healthy, spicy stuff!
- Eat breakfast every day, cereal no more than 3 times a week – Yummy breakfast everyday and cereal was only twice!
- Use Wii Fit at least 3 times a week – Not so good here. Got on only once. I thought the board needed batteries (my excuse), but it did not. Trying to find a time of day to be on without others around (another excuse?).
- Don’t eat after 9pm – I did well with this, although I caught myself watching the clock “Gotta have a snack before 9!”
- Try at least one new recipe each week – We tried several this week and they were yummy!
- Walk down the lane with a family member at least one time per week – The whole family took a walk together on Saturday.
- Drink at least 2 big blue glasses of water a day. (I’m adding this one because I realized I forgot it. I’m totally dehydrated all the time.) – I did well on some days and not on others.
So that’s how I did on the goals. The food part was great this week. Racer had a hard time when I brought home groceries and asked for more junk food. The kids are enjoying fresh fruit and veggies. Blue was really excited. They are all trying new things and for that I’m grateful.
As far as weight loss, I am down a few pounds. I’ll be honest in that I was hoping for more, but since I didn’t exercise, I know there shouldn’t be more there. I’m also disappointed that I’m disappointed in my weight loss. I think The Biggest Loser has got us all expecting “big numbers” every week and that is just not realistic for the general person. So, remind me that pounds down is pounds down okay?
- Starting weight: 204.4
- Initial goal weight: 150
- Current weight: 202.4
This next week, I’m focusing on water and exercise. How about you? How did you do? Share with me your struggles and triumphs!