It’s weigh-in day. It’s not been a good week. I snacked a TON and did not exercise at all. None. Zip. Nada. I didn’t even take a walk down the lane. I’m not sure how to overcome this habit I’ve gotten into. I’m already up at 5:30am (ish). I don’t want to do it at night when everyone is watching. Ideally, I could go to a class or something where I have a teacher and others around me. I prefer group exercise actually, because everyone is doing the same thing and I don’t feel like others are watching me to see what/how I’m doing. Right now, however, that just isn’t possible budget wise nor time wise. Any suggestions for me here? How can I fit in some good exercise into my day?
So here are my goals and how I did for the week:
- Incorporate a fresh fruit or vegetable for each meal – There were a couple of meals that we didn’t have fresh, but we did have frozen. We tried asparagus this week. I’m the only one that ate it. I won’t be buying it again.
- Use more seasonings to make meals more interesting – We had some yummy chicken this week!
- Eat breakfast every day, cereal no more than 3 times a week – Done, but I’ve come to the conclusion that I don’t like grapefruit.
- Use Wii Fit at least 3 times a week – Nope.
- Don’t eat after 9pm – Good. I’m still watching the clock to make sure I “get my snack in time.” I did buy ice cream this week which has done me in.
- Try at least one new recipe each week – We tried a couple this week with good results!
- Walk down the lane with a family member at least one time per week – Nope.
- Drink at least 2 big blue glasses of water a day. – I did well on some days and not on others.
I’m really hung up on the exercise thing and need to think about that more. Really need some ideas too. Maybe I can post on Freecycle for a piece of workout equipment! Having something like that at home would be helpful. Anyway, here are the numbers:
- Starting weight: 204.4
- Initial goal weight: 150
- Current weight: 201.8
Less than a pound this week, but at least I’m moving in the right direction! Now, if I can just get moving…