It’s another Wednesday, thus another week to share my journey with you. Not that it’s a long, momentous journey like those featured in television shows and magazines. For me, however, weight loss seems to be complicated. I have a love affair with food and I’m trying to figure it out. I need to release this hold that food has on me. I’m not sure how it got there, but it’s there and it’s not necessarily healthy. I eat healthy stuff, don’t get me wrong, but it’s the stuff that nobody sees me eat that is often the problem.
It’s not been the greatest week. I made Rice Krispie Treats AND chocolate chip cookies. Why? Well, one was supposed to be as a treat for Blue for working hard during her semester finals. The other? Well, just because I wanted them. I also did too much late night snacking. Racer was great and refused to get the snack for me and in they discussion I used the phrase “I don’t care.” Do I really NOT care? What it comes down to is wanting what I want when I want it. Typing that made it seem really selfish.
So is my love affair with food just really my selfishness in action?
Here is how I did on my goals:
- Incorporate a fresh fruit or vegetable for each meal – There were a couple of meals that we didn’t have fresh, but we did have frozen. Mostly our fresh stuff has been fruit.
- Use more seasonings to make meals more interesting – I actually don’t remember how I did here.
- Eat breakfast every day, cereal no more than 3 times a week – Done, but a couple of days included a McDonald’s bacon, egg and cheese biscuit.
- Use Wii Fit at least 3 times a week – Nope. I did, however, get some yoga dvd’s from the library and used one of them 3 times. I will probably be modifying this goal.
- Don’t eat after 9pm – Nope. I snacked after 9 on at least 3 occasions.
- Try at least one new recipe each week – I don’t remember this one either, so I guess that means I didn’t.
- Walk down the lane with a family member at least one time per week – We took a family walk on Sunday afternoon.
- Drink at least 2 big blue glasses of water a day. – Done.
The bad eating did me in this week. I feel sore from the yoga, so I know that something was happening there. Anyway, here are the numbers:
- Starting weight: 204.4
- Initial goal weight: 150
- Current weight: 201.8 (same as last week, at least I didn’t gain.)
So, how have you been doing? What successes have you had lately?