It’s not been a good week. I signed up to bake desserts for church, so of course I had to lick the bowl and taste test everything. The we had the actual meal at church. Then the Super Bowl which means snacking. And I’ve been sick. None of those bode well for losing weight.
I did realize, however, that I just can’t have sweets in the house. If one brownie tastes good, three taste fabulous! I seriously have no will power. When we have goodies in the house, that’s all the kids want to eat too. Granted, I use whole wheat flour and it’s all from scratch, but still, it’s not good for us. Right now, my sweet tooth overpowers any self-control I have. I guess self-control is a fruit of the spirit I have not yet matured into (it is the last one listed for a reason I guess).
Here is how I did on my goals:
- Incorporate a fresh fruit or vegetable for each meal – Mostly lettuce salads and apples. I’ve not been to the grocery in over a week.
- Use more seasonings to make meals more interesting – I did make 2 roasts with new ways of flavoring them.
- Eat breakfast every day, cereal no more than 3 times a week – Done, although admittedly some mornings it was only a boiled egg.
- Use Wii Fit at least 3 times a week – Nope. I still need to modify this goal.
- Don’t eat after 9pm – I think I did okay on this one this week.
- Try at least one new recipe each week – Yep! We even had the neighbors over to help us taste test it.
- Walk down the lane with a family member at least one time per week – Nope. I was sick over the weekend which is when we’ve been doing this.
- Drink at least 2 big blue glasses of water a day. – Done.
I did have a general doctor’s appointment today and he suggested some interesting ways to get our family moving. I really like my doctor and he “gently” reminded me that as mom, I set the tone for the family and our activity level. I know everything he said. I know it. I know I should be doing it. I just don’t. And I don’t understand it. I guess I don’t want it bad enough or something? Anyway, here are the numbers:
- Starting weight: 204.4
- Initial goal weight: 150
- Current weight: 203.0.8 (Gained 2 lbs.)
So, how have you been doing? What successes have you had lately?