This week has been pretty good. I didn’t really think much about “losing weight” and instead tried to get out and enjoy our AMAZING weather the last few days. We don’t have a neighborhood to walk around, the park we are close to is nature trails and doesn’t work well with strollers, so it’s easy for me to excuse away the reasons I don’t get exercise. What I do have, is what we call “the lane.” It’s a dirt road that lead off the main road in front of our house and goes back to 2 other properties. It’s about a 1/4 mile long. So, we’ve been walking that lane the last several days. That is exercise that works for me. I’ve also gone back to work part-time and I’ve noticed that on those days, I’m busier and so I don’t have time to get bored and snack.
I eat out of boredom. That’s my realization. And, sometimes, I eat out of thirst. I’m thirsty and I reach for food instead. Weird.
Anyway, here is my progress:
- Incorporate a fresh fruit or vegetable for each meal – Got this for MOST meals. I’ve only stopped at the grocery to get milk, fresh food and bread, so some meals I didn’t have fresh stuff.
- Use more seasonings to make meals more interesting – I got some nice compliments this week.
- Eat breakfast every day, cereal no more than 3 times a week – Missed this morning, but did good with the cereal part.
- Use Wii Fit at least 3 times a week – Nope. We’re down 2 controllers and the nunchucks and the controllers we do have are out of batteries. I am officially changing this one to walk at least 3 times a week.
- Don’t eat after 9pm – I think I did okay on this one this week.
- Try at least one new recipe each week – Yep! 12 bean soup with turkey sausage – yummy!.
- Walk down the lane with a family member at least one time per week – I didn’t get individual walks in, but we took at least 3, maybe 4 walks in – I forget.
- Drink at least 2 big blue glasses of water a day. – Most days.
Here are the numbers:
- Starting weight: 204.4
- Initial goal weight: 150
- Current weight: 200.6 (lost 3.2 lbs.)
How have you been doing lately?