I did it!!! I reached my first “unofficial” goal and am officially below 200!! That is a big deal for me. After babies, it seems like it takes forever for me to get below that mark. I hope I haven’t jinxed myself by being so excited. I really do think the good weather has helped in that we’ve been able to get outside and be active most days. I really do think that going back to work has something to do with it too. I’m gone 2 mornings a week (no snacking then) and when I am home, I have to do the same stuff in less time. I’m not eating out of boredom anymore. I’ve also been trying to read more, which helps with the boredom too.
As the weather gets warmer, I can no longer hide under bulky sweaters and layers of clothes. I’ll be honest, when I tried on some short sleeve and spring stuff and looked in the mirror, I was disgusted. I know others see me differently, but I am short and squatty. Four pregnancies and me not taking care of myself have taken their toll on my body. Stretched out skin, flabby rolls, “bye-bye” arm” – blech. That’s how I feel when I see myself. I have no one to blame but myself.
I know, I know – I’m beautiful in the eyes of God. Yes, I get that. He’s sees me as the lovely woman I am. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. It’s on the inside that counts. All true statements I’ve said many times. But the flab still has to go. Imagine how prettier I will be if I actually believe that I am? I don’t even know if that makes sense. I guess I just want to be stronger and healthier so that my inner beauty will be more able to shine because I am more capable of physically doing what I am called to do even better. It’s like an old, tarnished silver tea set. You look at it and just know it’s beautiful, but it needs some work to allow that beauty to shine through. I’ve got to get this tarnish off of me.
- Incorporate a fresh fruit or vegetable for each meal – We generally have a spinach/cabbage/lettuce salad at lunch/dinner, bananas at breakfast, apples/oranges/grapes are usually available for lunch dinner too.
- Use more seasonings to make meals more interesting – One meal, Blue said “Mom, that looks AMAZING!”
- Eat breakfast every day, cereal no more than 3 times a week – Done.
- Walk at least 3 times a week – Yes – I think we actually walked 5 times this last week!
- Don’t eat after 9pm – I’m getting much better here. I’m not even thinking about it most nights.
- Try at least one new recipe each week – Yep!
- Walk down the lane with a family member at least one time per week – Since #4 got changed to walking, I suppose I should change this one too…
- Drink at least 2 big blue glasses of water a day. – Most days.
Here are the numbers:
- Starting weight: 204.4
- Initial goal weight: 150
- Current weight: 198.0 (lost 2.6 lbs.)