I’m sitting here this morning drinking my coffee (cream, sugar and a little vanilla extract) and eating grapes. I’ll have some toast too I think. Dinner is in the crock pot (we’re test driving lentil soup tonight). All that and I’m bored. Racer is gone and will be for another week. Last night and the night before I sort of sabotaged myself. While watching tv (it was before 9pm though) I sat and ate chocolate squares (just smaller than a Dove chocolate piece) with blobs of peanut butter on them.
Peanut butter and chocolate is one of God’s greatest taste creations on earth!
And I realized two things – I eat when I’m bored and sad. I am both because Racer is gone. Yes, he’s working, but still, he’s gone. I’m handling it better than I have in the past, but when I’m sitting by myself with no one to interact with, food becomes my partner, my mistress. Food brings me happiness (for the moment) and somehow I don’t have to think about reality – especially when watching “reality” tv!
So, during the season of Lent, Ash Wednesday through Easter, I’ll be concentrating more fully on God and allowing Him to help me break this dependence I have on food for things other than physical nourishment. I’m hoping that God will give me a new perspective.
- Incorporate a fresh fruit or vegetable for each meal – Didn’t do so hot with breakfast fruit this past week. We’ve been low on and out of bananas.
- Use more seasonings to make meals more interesting – Ancho chili powder on pork chops is yummy!
- Eat breakfast every day, cereal no more than 3 times a week – I didn’t really pay attention to this one, but I’m pretty sure I had cereal more than 3 days.
- Walk at least 3 times a week – Yes – A few days we walked twice!
- Don’t eat after 9pm – I did check the clock a couple of times when I went to get a snack, but wasn’t even close to 9.
- Try at least one new recipe each week – Yep!
- Walk down the lane with a family member at least one time per week – Changing this one next week to something to do with weight training.
- Drink at least 2 big blue glasses of water a day. – I didn’t do great on this one this past week. I got at least one glass in everyday, but not always 2.
Here are the numbers:
- Starting weight: 204.4
- Initial goal weight: 150
- Current weight: 197.8 (lost 0.2 lbs.)