I just realized I haven’t blogged in a week! My apologies to those of you who are “loyal readers.” Racer was gone for 12 days racin’, and I was doing double time. I barely got laundry done. I’ve also been battling an eye infection since Sunday. And the weather’s been yucky on and off over the last week. I feel like I’m just now starting to get caught up – whatever that means in a family of 7. Will I ever really be “caught up?”
Today is Ash Wednesday, the start of Lent, and I am making some changes. I’ll fill y’all in later, but since I mentioned it last week, I felt I needed to again.
- Incorporate a fresh fruit or vegetable for each meal – I was about 75% here. Mostly fruit or carrots.
- Use more seasonings to make meals more interesting – We had some boring meals this week, trying to use up some stuff in the pantry!
- Eat breakfast every day, cereal no more than 3 times a week – I did eat breakfast everyday, but it was a lot of cereal. Again, trying to use some stuff up.
- Walk at least 3 times a week – Yes!
- Don’t eat after 9pm – I know that last night I did, but other nights no.
- Try at least one new recipe each week – Yep!
- Do sit-ups or push-ups each day– This is new, so nothing.
- Drink at least 2 big blue glasses of water a day. – I didn’t do great on this one this past week. I got at least one glass in everyday, but not always 2.
Here are the numbers:
- Starting weight: 204.4
- Initial goal weight: 150
- Current weight: 198.2 (gained 0.4 lbs.)