It’s been a crazy day around here. And yes, I know I haven’t been blogging much lately. There are so many things swirling in my head, yet I just can’t seem to take the time to “put them on paper.” I’ve been reading my Bible a lot more too, so that is taking up more time. But mostly, I’ve just not felt compelled to write.
I’ve lost weight again. Yes, I realize that is the goal. My pants are getting baggy. That is a good thing. I just worry that my weight loss the last couple of weeks may be too much. I’m keeping an eye on it. I’m eating a lot of beans, nuts, fresh fruits and veggies and spinach and kale for calcium and iron. If I wasn’t breastfeeding the baby still, I wouldn’t be as concerned, but since I am, I have to be extra careful. I did speak with our doctor today (baby is 18 lbs at 4 months old!) and he just cautioned about calcium and iron. I cook in a cast iron skillet too.
Here are my goals. Realize that it hasn’t just been a day – it’s been a crazy week.
- Incorporate a fresh fruit or vegetable for each meal – Sometimes they were frozen or cooked in the dish, but there was always something available.
- Use more seasonings to make meals more interesting – Thyme, oregano, basil and lemon juice!
- Eat breakfast every day, cereal no more than 3 times a week – A couple of mornings it was a slim meal or late in the morning.
- Walk at least 3 times a week – I’m not sure about this one. I think I missed it this week. I did, however, play frisbee with Professor on at least 2 occasions.
- Don’t eat after 9pm – I think I had a bite or two after 9 one night.
- Try at least one new recipe each week – Yep, we tried several.
- Do sit-ups or push-ups each day– Nope. I didn’t even think about it.
- Drink at least 2 big blue glasses of water a day. – I always got in 2 glasses, but I’m actually trying to drink about 1/2 gallon of water daily.
Here are the numbers:
- Starting weight: 204.4
- Initial goal weight: 150
- Current weight: 189.6 (lost 2.6 lbs.)