Yes, I know. I missed a week. Last week was… well, it could take up its own post. And yes, I realize I haven’t been blogging about much of anything lately. It’s not that I haven’t had anything to say, I’m just not sure how to say it all I guess. But, since I have had at least 3 people mention me not blogging (I guess I didn’t realize it was that profound), here I am, telling you about my last 2 weeks.
I’m still fasting. I will say that this last week it has been hard. I’m not missing the meat as much as I am the dairy. I want cheese. I want it plain. I want it on soup. I want it on my lentil filled tacos (yes, that was one of the new recipes). A few years ago, I had a youth group member who gave up cheese for lent. I warned this young person to be careful after Easter morning when re-introducing cheese back into the diet. I warned of the back-ups that could occur. I just hope I remember to head my own advice!
Here is my goal progress:
- Incorporate a fresh fruit or vegetable for each meal – I think I’m still doing okay here. I’m getting a bit bored of the same things though and need to branch out.
- Use more seasonings to make meals more interesting – Not so much lately. I have been using interesting food combinations though.
- Eat breakfast every day, cereal no more than 3 times a week – A couple of mornings it was a slim meal or late in the morning. And I don’t consider “hot cereal,” like oatmeal, to be cereal.
- Walk at least 3 times a week – Big no here. We’ve had rainy weather and I was sick (both excuses I suppose). I think I’ve walked twice in the last 2 weeks.
- Don’t eat after 9pm – I think I had a bite or two after 9 one night.
- Try at least one new recipe each week – Yep, we tried several. Indonesian tofu stir fry was good (I thought). Blue even made a stir fry one night!
- Do sit-ups or push-ups each day– Nope. I didn’t even think about it. I suppose I need to just eliminate this one. Your thoughts?
- Drink at least 2 big blue glasses of water a day. – Most days. When I was sick I should’ve been drinking more, but I think I actually drank less.
Here are the numbers:
- Starting weight: 204.4
- Initial goal weight: 150
- Current weight: 185.2 (lost 4.4 lbs.) – I’m down to a size 12; I actually had to buy new pants!
As Easter approaches, I’m starting to think about how I will “re-enter” regular eating. I’m also wondering what effects I will see from going off the fast. I will reincorporate dairy, but I’m really not missing the meat that much. I may stay very low meat. I’m also learning that I can satisfy a sweet tooth with fruits too. I am loving purple grapes, cut in half, as a salad topping!
So those of you that are on a weight-loss journey too. How have you been doing? What successes have you had? What are you struggling with?