I’ve lost the exercise bug. I haven’t been doing anything. I’m just saying that up front because this is the way I often do it. I’m great at something for a while – get into a good routine – then it all goes away. I don’t stick with it. I never seem to fully incorporate new changes into my life. I’m not sure why. I just lack persistence maybe? I need to think on this more because I know that exercise is key for me. The weather is getting warmer and there are no excuses.
When it comes to food, I’m still learning. Easter morning brings the end to my Daniel Fast. I’m a little concerned about how my body will react. I do think I’ll still eat very little meat. I hope I continue with very little sugars. I want my dairy though. I want milk and cheese. Eggs? I could go either way. I wonder how sweet, sweets will taste though. I’m thinking they’ll all be so overwhelming at first. I’m hoping that my palette has been cleansed and that only 2 cookies will do me just fine.
Here is my goal progress:
- Incorporate a fresh fruit or vegetable for each meal – I think I’m still doing okay here. I did try mango.
- Use more seasonings to make meals more interesting – Not so much this past week.
- Eat breakfast every day, cereal no more than 3 times a week – I did just fine.
- Walk at least 3 times a week – Big no here.
- Don’t eat after 9pm – Big no here too. It’s had when Bill is gone. One night, I pigged out on corn tortilla chips and homemade salsa.
- Try at least one new recipe each week – Homemade salsa and vegan chili!
- Drink at least 2 big blue glasses of water a day. – Yep.
Here are the numbers:
- Starting weight: 204.4
- Initial goal weight: 150
- Current weight: 183.4 (lost 1.8 lbs.) – My poor eating and lack of exercise shows.