Still not had a great couple of weeks. What I have learned, however, is that I just need to stay away from my temptations. My parents visited and brought with them (via a stop at the grocery) cookies and ice cream sandwiches. We also have eaten out for birthday celebrations the last couple of weeks. For me, restaurant = splurging. I figure if I’m spending the bucks to eat out, I might as well enjoy it right?
I did do something good last week though. I joined the YMCA. Our whole family can now enjoy the benefits of the Y. We’re pretty excited. There is childcare, so I can’t use that as an excuse. There is a pool for us all to enjoy, so family time still exists. And I paid for a full year, so I can’t even say “We should drop our membership to save money.”
No excuses. (I hope.)
I tried my first Zumba class and wow was there a LOT of shaking going on! I was shaking blubber I didn’t even know I had. It was uncomfortable, but fun. I can see me liking it a lot. I’m looking forward to my first yoga class too. I’ll keep you posted on my visits, since I’m going to add going to the YMCA as one of my goals.
Here is my goal progress:
- Incorporate a fresh fruit or vegetable for each meal – I slacked in this area over the last couple of weeks. Now that the farmer’s market is running, I’m looking forward to getting local grown produce.
- Use more seasonings to make meals more interesting – Not so much this past week.
- Eat breakfast every day, cereal no more than 3 times a week – I did eat breakfast everyday, but a lot of cereal and muffins.
- Utilize the YMCA at least 3 times a week – I’ve been a member less than a week, but I have used it once, with plans to go one more time this week.
- Don’t eat after 9pm – Big no here. There were several nights I snacked.
- Try at least one new recipe each week – I did try Creamed Tuna on Toast!
- Drink at least 2 big blue glasses of water a day. – Most days. Now that it’s getting hotter, I can really tell if I don’t meet this goal.
Here are the numbers:
- Starting weight: 204.4
- Initial goal weight: 150
- Current weight: 182 (lost 2.6 lbs.)