I’m not sure what to say this week. It’s almost as if I have no real reason to share. Nothing happened this week. I had great intentions of exercising, but a sick Gorilla kept me from using the childcare at the Y (thus no opportunity to go). My family finished up a visit, so I’ve been munching on all the leftover chips and yummies.
I did get to walk a couple of times. The kids enjoy walking the lane and exploring the sides of the road. Lots of “flowers,” a snake skin and sometimes the cows are up close to the fence. It’s a slow walk, with a lot of stops, but it’s moving my body and setting a good example for my children. Hopefully, next week I’ll have more to say.
Here is my goal progress:
- Incorporate a fresh fruit or vegetable for each meal – I did better here. We had some fresh peaches and lots of strawberries.
- Use more seasonings to make meals more interesting – Not so much this past week.
- Eat breakfast every day, cereal no more than 3 times a week – I did eat breakfast everyday and I don’t think it was a lot of cereal. I should probably pay more attention to this goal.
- Utilize the YMCA at least 3 times a week – When a child is sick, I can’t utilize the childcare making it difficult for me to find a time to go. No trips this past week.
- Try at least one new recipe each week – Last night I made strawberry shortcake from scratch!
- Drink at least 2 big blue glasses of water a day. – Most days. Now that it’s getting hotter, I can really tell if I don’t meet this goal.
Here are the numbers:
- Starting weight: 204.4
- Initial goal weight: 150
- Current weight: 182.4 (gained .4 lbs.)