Well, it is the first Wednesday after Labor Day. If you remember from my first Weight Loss Wednesday post, I wanted to reach my goal weight by Labor Day. That didn’t happen. While I’m a little sad, I’m also at peace with that. I’ve gone from a size 16 to somewhere in between a 10 and 12. I’ve gone from XL shirts to medium in some cases. I’m stronger. I’m eating better (many days – I still like too much junk). I feel less sloth-like.
Even though I’m not at a magic number, I’m in a much better place than I was.
Last night at the gym, I tried a new work-out class. At the end, we did these lower abdominal exercises. I laid on my back, placed my hands under my hips, raised my straight legs into the air at a 90 degree angle and then lowered my feet to the floor and back up. Repeat a million times… As I was doing that – and it wasn’t easy – I was thinking about when I first started at the gym. I met with a trainer to get a feel for the equipment and learn a basic routine. A similar exercise was a part of that routine. I couldn’t even do 5 of those lower ab, leg lower, torturous things. Here I was, doing a million.
Okay, not really a million, it just felt that way. But really, I think it was more like 24. It was hard at the end, but I still did them. I didn’t give up and I could actually complete the set. Three months ago I couldn’t have done that.
I’m making progress. And I have to remember, it took me 10 years and 4 pregnancies to get to where I am. Eight months isn’t going to fully undue it all. I still have some emotional and mental aspects of it all to work out. And I still need to work out the work out schedule. Life happens. While I don’t want to use that as an excuse, I also need to be realistic and flexible. What is important is that I now see it all as important. I’ve made the decision to be healthier and I’m sticking with it.
That alone is an accomplishment.
Here is my goal progress:
- Incorporate a fresh fruit or vegetable for each meal – I’ve done about 75%.
- Use more seasonings to make meals more interesting – I used turmeric again this week.
- Eat breakfast every day, cereal no more than 3 times a week – Did fairly well here.
- Utilize the YMCA at least 3 times a week – I made it three times.
- Try at least one new recipe each week – Yep, but simply variations on what I do usually!
- Drink at least 2 big blue glasses of water a day. – I did better here, but still not 100%.
Here are the numbers:
- Starting weight: 204.4
- Initial goal weight: 150
- Current weight: 182.6 (nothing)
- Total weight loss: 21.8 (not even 1/2 of what my goal was, but I’m actually still pleased)
I’m trying to decide what my new date should be for my initial goal weight. Valentine’s Day? Easter? Not sure here, what do y’all think?