“The gym’s workin’ for ya.” That what our church’s secretary told me today. It was nice to hear that someone else is noticing my body changing. It was just Monday that I was at the gym complaining that I’ve hit a wall. I know I’m getting stronger – I can feel it. I can do more reps of the exercises and I don’t get as easily winded. I can go longer on the elliptical without feeling like I’m going to die.
But the weight isn’t dropping anymore. Part of it is because I’m still having a hard time getting 3-4 days in at the gym. I can get two in easily, but the third is harder. And this week, I’m only able to go once (but I will be walking with a friend one time this week too). So, that means I need to cut calories. Losing weight really is fewer calories in than go out.
Easier said than done right?
Regardless, it is nice to know that other people are noticing my efforts. And, I wore a size medium shirt today.
Here is my goal progress:
- Incorporate a fresh fruit or vegetable for each meal – I’ve done about 75%. The end of the month when the grocery budget runs down is harder.
- Use more seasonings to make meals more interesting – I’ve been doing really basic, easy cooking since I’ve been back in school. That means, no real effort to use new spices.
- Eat breakfast every day, cereal no more than 3 times a week – Did fairly well here.
- Utilize the YMCA at least 3 times a week – I made it three times the last two weeks.
- Try at least one new recipe each week – Simple cooking for a busy family means using the tried and true recipies!
- Drink at least 2 big blue glasses of water a day. – I did better here, but still not 100%.
Here are the numbers:
- Starting weight: 204.4
- Initial goal weight: 150
- Current weight: 182.4 (lost 0.2)
- Total weight loss: 22