I feel stalled in this journey. Other things in my life have moved up in priority, time is at a premium and I’m just plain tired. And I’ve slacked off. I admit it. I’ve been working hard at the gym 2-3 times a week, but when it comes to food… Let’s just say I’m still a wuss.
I enjoy food and I don’t like watching what I eat. I know that’s where I need to cut back, but I just don’t. I don’t like being hungry. And I don’t like stopping at just one piece of chocolate. I like it too much. It reminds me of why I stopped drinking any kind of alcoholic beverage – I liked it too much to stop at just one.
At this point, I know that I need to start getting really serious about counting calories. “Eating healthier” just isn’t going to cut it anymore. To make serious progress again, I need to pay close attention to how much I’m eating. I’m weaning the baby too, so need for calories is going to drop quite a bit. Ugh. We’re coming into a hard time of year for weight loss too. The holidays and family visits and not being at home to control what’s being cooked and not doing the grocery shopping to control what food is available… This is going to be hard.
So what to do? I’m not ready to go the food journal route. I’m not buying into the Weight Watchers program (meaning I’m not willing to pay for it). I guess it comes down to plain old measuring out portion sizes and keeping track of calories. I have some sample menus that I’ve started using for meal planning. I hope that will help me onto the right track.
What do you do? How do you keep weight in check during the winter party/visiting/eating season?
Here is my goal progress:
- Incorporate a fresh fruit or vegetable for each meal – Nope. I’ve slacked here big time.
- Use more seasonings to make meals more interesting – I used turmeric again. Does that count?
- Eat breakfast every day, cereal no more than 3 times a week – I actually missed breakfast one day this last week.
- Utilize the YMCA at least 3 times a week – Going at least two times, but striving for 3.
- Try at least one new recipe each week – I’ve been sticking with simple things we know.
- Drink at least 2 big blue glasses of water a day. – I’ve been slacking here too.
Here are the numbers:
- Starting weight: 204.4
- Initial goal weight: 150
- Current weight: 183.6 (gain 0.6)
- Total weight loss: 20.8