In honor of Mother’s Day, here are ten memories of or with my mom. They aren’t in any particular order because I don’t think I can choose a favorite. These just happen to be my ten favorite today.
- Watching her play “motorboat, motorboat” in the water with my kids.
- Going to lots and lots of Saturday morning yard sales. One time (as an adult), I went with her in a little two-seater sports car. It was amazing how much stuff we crammed in that car.
- Pushing the dishwasher down the street and wearing out the casters.
- Re-doing a doll house with leftover paint/wallpaper/carpet we had.
- “If he’s gonna wag-it, make him bag it!” as I was walking to open the door for my first car date.
- Wet underwear out the car window.
- Laughing together when the baby explosive pooped all over me.
- Sharing plants from her garden.
- Teaching me how to drive a stick shift.
- Letting me help file and pull patient charts long before the days of HPPA.
Thanks Mom for all the things you’ve taught me – intentionally and just by example. I am the woman, wife and mother I am today because you put us kids before yourself. I love you Mom!